Horizon Academy Institute's Leadership Development Course was designed in North America and adopted the method of focused training to help produce model citizens who can contribute positively to the society and excel in their professional lives.
The LDC offers a variety of introductory and advanced classes in Islamic Studies and Soft Skills (Time management, Life planning, Communication, Community service, etc.) catering for youth and adults. The goals of the LDC are to build Muslim Leaders who can be faithful to their beliefs and comfortable with their memory, culture, and citizenship identities. HAI uses a system where the participants are fully engaged in preparing and delivering the materials taught in class. HAI's LDC curriculum aims to stimulate the values of Contribution, Moderation, Realism, Tolerance, Openness, and the understanding of the text and its context.
Admission criteria for YLDC I
a. Prerequisite: Successful completion of HAS Level 6
b. Age: 12 to 15 years old
c. YLDC 1 Curriculum:
1. 7 Habits of Highly Successful Teens. Build a positive relationship with the concepts from the Covey book with reports, presentations and practical applications’ of each habit.
2. 5 year life plan
3. Personal Mission Statement
4. Book reports on leadership oriented books
5. Islamic Social Studies
Admission criteria for YLDC II
a. Prerequisite: Successful completion of YLDC I
b. Age: 13 to 17 years old
c. YLDC 2 Curriculum:
1. 50 year life plan
2. Building a resume with the guidelines from Government of Canada youth employment services.
3. Develop an effective format for a cover letter
4. Volunteering in activities with the Interns to develop leadership skills for future jobs
5. Book reports and creative presentations for leadership oriented materials
6. Workshops with professionals
7. Islamic Social Studie
The online registration for 2018 - 2019 academic year is now open