Horizon intern program is offered to students Ages 14 to 17 on Sundays between 10:00am-3:00pm
The program provides Invaluable work experience and youth leadership training, coaching and mentorship by senior staff. The interns Lead, Plan, and Execute various projects including school events, fund raising activities, biweekly newsletter and other weekly tasks with in the school.
The internship is open to all students who apply before the deadline and successfully pass the application review process and a face-to-face interview. This is a competitive program with limited slots available each year. The minimum qualifications for the position are:
1. Must be 14 or older.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively with students, staff, and clients in a variety of settings, and demonstrate the desire to work with people.
3. Must have excellent oral and written English communication skills and effective computer use (Arabic language skills is a plus.)
4.Demonstration of commitment to the mission and vision of HAI
EXPECTED MINIMUM TIME COMMITMENT:
This program is currently offered on Sundays between 10:00am-3:00pm at West Ridge School. The interns are expected to fully participate four hours per week from October to June. Interns may have some required take home projects and offsite activities, such as field trips and conferences.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The interns will receive the following compensation and benefit:
1. Free leadership skills evaluation
2. Free seminars and workshops.
3. A wage of $39 per week will be paid.
4. Opportunity to get reference letter
1. Cover letter
3. Typed Personal Mission Statement (PMS). (One page maximum)
4. A signed authorization from parents/guardians (for candidate who are 14 years old)
DEADLINE: Will be announced soon!